I recently created a Spotify playlist called “Songs That Mean Stuff.” I know, I know, such a creative playlist name! I don’t know how I come up with them…
For the last few Throwback Thursday posts I’ve been picking 5 songs at random using the ‘shuffle’ button and telling you all why those five songs mean enough to me to be put in my creatively named playlist!
In today’s post I wanted to carry on with the other posts and tell you about another 5 songs from the playlist!
I’ll put a Spotify Player here so that if you want to you can listen to the playlist as you read the rest of this post!
- Lose Yourself – Eminem – This song is one of those songs that I put on when I’m going through a creative dry spell or if I just need something to keep me going. I really like the lyrics “Success is my only motherfucking option failure’s not” this has always been something I’ve lived by, not the song lyrics as such but the message behind it. I didn’t come here to fail, I came here to win.
- Check Yes Juliet – We The Kings – This is another one of those songs that I put on when I need a bit of an extra boost. The reason this song boosts me though has nothing to do with the lyrics, the song reminds me of Charles Trippy and I think about how amazing he is and how much he’s overcome with his brain tumours and surgeries and the amazing life he’s living regardless of his illness then I think I should be able to do the same as a fortunately healthy person, it always makes me feel bad when I think that I can’t do something. Charles just inspires me so much, he’s such an amazing guy! Photo © Charles Trippy
- Wavin’ Flag – K’NAAN – This song reminds me of Summer 2010 and all of the fun I had in France with my little sisters and the French part of the family! So many happy memories!
- Cage The Songbird – Crystal Gayle – My memory actually really relates to the Elton John / original version of this song however I prefer the Crystal Gayle version so I put this one in instead. I used to listen to this song when I was in high school, if I was having a crappy day it would just lift me up and make me feel a bit better, it still does if I’m honest. 🙂
- Come Together – Aerosmith – Again I prefer the Aerosmith version to this song instead of The Beatles version! This is a song I put on when I feel like goofing off and dancing round my office / bedroom / house a little bit. I love the song makes no sense and yet it’s ridiculously catchy and it’s actually a brilliant song!
There you have it! 5 more songs from my ever-growing playlist of songs that mean stuff to me!
Tell me about some songs that are important to you in the comments below, on Twitter @MissCharlotteEm or on any of my other social media sites which you can find by clicking here!
Thank you so much for taking the time to read this post, don’t forget to head on over to my giveaway post and enter to be in with a chance of winning 6 months of Spotify Premium and a whole load of other goodies too! Click here for more information!
If you enjoyed this post then please feel free to share it with your friends and family, and if you’d like to you can also follow my blog by clicking the follow button to the right hand side of your screen or underneath this post depending on what you’re reading this on!
Have a great day / night and thanks again for reading!